I was emailed a poem my senior year of high school that I printed out and posted on my dorm room wall and have kept on a bulletin board since then. I think it is appropriate for this time in my life and I am going to share it with you (two people that read this!)
This chapter in my life is coming to an end.
So many emotions that I am drained.
Leaving those I said I wouldn't,
my forever friends.
Tear stained cheeks,
Salt water eyes.
Memories cannot be repeated,
only cherished.
Each on a momemnt
filed away in my heart.
Everyone is moving on
and our great memories
will remain just that-
shadows from the past
as we step onto the next plateau.
Unsure if I really want to go.
Can't bare to say goodbye,
choked up, ready to cry.
Can't live in the past no matter how hard I try.
Afraid I will forget the memories I cherish,
the people I love, the people I leave.
Only God knows, only time will tell.
Farewell, keep in touch, more is to come.
This doesn't have to be the end,
my forever friend.
But the beginning of the next chapter
tied to the past, linking the future,
all scribed onto my heart, never to be forgotten,
never to leave the person it molded.
Tiny imprints tell of unforgotten treasure,
You I always will remember.
I know that a lot of this is in respect to moving away from friends, which many of mine have already left Lubbock, but what it symbolizes is more important.
And this chapter of my life- I think it counts as a few chapters or maybe a section of my book of life.
Okay- now I HAVE to write my LAST paper... EVER
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ok that made me a little teary....which makes me a nerd, I know!
I know you are worrying but I am very excited for you to start the next chapter in your life. I know everything will turn out exactly like it is supposed to.
I LOVE YOU!!!
Love, Leah
Post a Comment