
And Tech smashes Texas A&M 43-25!!
TEXAS TECH IS 7-0 this season!!
Watching the game today was fun- just me and the Big-ster hanging out watching football. Harassing Craig was great, too. Good thing Nick will be a smart nephew and overcome the maroon in his house and LOVE TECH! (Wishful thinking according to his dad, I have hope)
This week at work was exciting, we have temporary employees, which we call VRC's (Volunteer Recruitment Coordinators). We hired three last week and they are doing a wonderful job recruiting jailbirds for our lockup on the 20th of November. One VRC has a laugh that is close to the sound of nails on a chalkboard~ it is a nervous laugh but seriously does she have to laugh at EVERYTHING? I am definitely getting my management skills tested in my ability to support her work and keep her on track ....
No, on a serious note it was a great experience to interview these people and train them to efficiently and effectively do their job. Holly and I "coach" them during the day which makes accomplishing our work difficult but do-able. They really are nice people that enjoy doing well and want to do a good job for us.
So far no BOHs in this office, what can I say I am the luckiest person I know right now. I really do love the work I am doing and I LOVE my boss. She is truly a wonderful person- she is energetic, fun and has the drive to make our ideas work and accomplish our goals. It was nice a few weeks ago our regional director wanted us to shelf a social event, which is October 24, Holly asked my opinion (it was looking grim) and I told her that I didn't want to waste the organization's money, but I also don't believe in giving up. What a tough position... we decided to give it two more days for something positive to happen. What is nice is WE really did decide together, I really am a part of a team that cares and wants my opinion. The event started to TAKE OFF ~ we have a PSA for the event playing on 2 stations in LBK, it is a donated 30 second spot. :) We have KOOZIES that are awesome as gifts for all the attendees, I created a program, and we have a silent auction!! I am so excited for this event and looking forward to the 2009 Boo Bash!
Jon is doing great, the semester is almost 1/2 over and he studies like crazy! It is so weird to be on the other side- because he studies every single night. I am proud of him though- he is taking college algebra and Texas history, he is enjoying the classes and doing very well in both of them. In the meantime I am learning a lot of TX history.
Mr. Big went to the vet this week, he weighs 15.4 lbs!! I know, I know he has gained 2lbs in the last year, but the vet said he is one of the most LEAN yorkies she has ever seen. Apparently, running 2 miles with me 3/4 times a week is keeping him in great shape- I'm glad one of us is benefiting from this!
We ran this morning and it was so nice- the weather is changing in Lubbock, cool days with the sun to warm you up- it was GREAT.
Received new pictures of Nick- yay- :)
Look how cute my nephew is!!!
He is so stinkin' ADORABLE!!!
I miss him so much, I haven't seen him since June and he has changed so much- I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN~~Make him a Tech fan and an Aunt Ashley fan!!
We went out last Friday for Amber's 23rd birthday and I have some photos ~~

Amber and I at Fox & Hound

Jeff & Jon at F/H
So, we don't do A LOT because Jon has school and working full time is more exhausting than I thought ;) but we have fun when we get a chance to go out.
No big plans this weekend, Jon has to work all weekend as usual, but we may be out tonight for Ross' birthday. LOTS of October birthdays-- and one more coming up :)
3 comments:
lol at the smacking part of the story.
i love how jon looks so enthused to be at the bar. or maybe it's because he's getting his picture taken... either way... can't wait to see you guys this weekend!!
Aww Nick is soo cute! I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever so I had to get an update from your blog! Love you!
Leah
Post a Comment