Once upon a time I had a great job in Lubbock. I still have a great job, but I'm not in Lubbock terribly often, at least not this week .
First I went to Amarillo, then I trekked to Canyon, Hereford, Bovina, Farwell, Clovis NM, Tucumcari back to Amarillo. So, to keep me entertained I started taking photos of the views with my new phone- love it- so my trip in photos.
Downtown Amarillo-- driving in from the north.First I went to Amarillo, then I trekked to Canyon, Hereford, Bovina, Farwell, Clovis NM, Tucumcari back to Amarillo. So, to keep me entertained I started taking photos of the views with my new phone- love it- so my trip in photos.

I didn't take any pictures in Canyon- Farwell- or- Clovis-
These horse statues are all over the place in Amarillo.
I had to wait 20 minutes for our turn on the one-way-highway, boo.
It was nice and sunny, and then WHAM!

Thirty minutes before this the temperature read: 94... crazy drop!
Eventually the storm passed and the sky was beautiful.

Once I arrived in Tucumcari I was on the famous, Route 66

And as I drove through the town I found THIS: 
we have our own avenue in Tucumcari! :)
As I drove back to Texas from New Mexico, the sun was setting :)
In the beginning of day two I went to Fritch and Borger, panhandle cities and on the way there I went over the dam at Lake Meredith- so pretty! I didn't realize there are so many lakes in the panhandle. 
Me in the Wheatheart of the nation, Perryton Texas:
As I drove through Perryton, I think, or maybe Spearman...

Clarendon, TX ~ my last stop in the two day road trip. I went to grab a drink and here is what I saw:


The car hop had just delivered their drinks :) only in WEST TEXAS!
Next up, my trip back to Lubbock Tuesday night. There are cows, winding roads and funny stories....
Outside the store, so so very excited to be DONE!
Why am I so happy? What have I been doing? This:
From store to store I went, attaching these freezer tags and the shelf tags- to EVERY product we will receive donations from the purchase of for the next month-or-so.
Can you see all the tags hanging in this freezer? I put those there and on the other five pages of product!
From store to store I went, attaching these freezer tags and the shelf tags- to EVERY product we will receive donations from the purchase of for the next month-or-so.
Can you see all the tags hanging in this freezer? I put those there and on the other five pages of product! So- let's hope these guys do a great job promoting Aisles of Smiles for MDA!!!


1 comment:
What a trip! I didnt know you had to attach all those little freezer tag things! I bet you never thought you would be so happy to see Lbk!!
Post a Comment