Monday, October 6, 2008

A wonderfully thoughtful gesture...

Tonight Jon and I decided to have Chik-fil-A for dinner (I forgot to thaw dinner). Oops!

The Chik-fil-A in Lubbock is ALWAYS busy, you just don't go to cfa in hopes of a quick trip through the drive thru; not to say they aren't incredibly efficient for the crowd. Back to the point~~ We are in line, Jon is so hungry he is discussing his meal choice :). Everything is
kop-a-setic at this point, we order our food, drive around the building, and when we get to the window I attempt to hand over the money and the gal tells me that the guy in front of us paid for our meal.

She asks if we knew him, nope, never even seen the Jeep with a palm tree sticker of the back. She is as shocked as we are, we thank her and take the meal. We drove all the way back in shock wondering why this guy decided to buy our dinner versus, hearing of this kind of thing happening but didn't expect to experience it.

What an unexpected gift from that jeep; it is really refreshing to know that there are some pretty wonderful people out there!

So, now Jon and I are taking this gesture and will "pass it on" in the next drive thru...

Has this ever happened to any of you??

3 comments:

Brandi said...

i love when people do super nice things like that... and yes, my dad used to do it all the time - especially at the toll booths in dallas. what a great way to make someone's day!

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool story! Things like this should happen more often!
Leah

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? That is such a great idea. I will have to try this too. :)