Monday, January 4, 2010

**HAPPY NEW YEAR**


WOW~ It's already 2010!! Twenty-ten, eek! I can't decide what I like better, two-thousand and ten or Twenty Ten: what do you think? *I better get some comments, I know yall are out there reading!


NYE was pretty calm around here, we watched movies: The International- it was okay, Yes Man - which I thought was pretty funny and then we counted down the last 10 seconds of '09 on Jon's watch which matched exactly to the cable box, because hey that is the "real" time and all, we cheers'd and went back to our movie. :) Good new years all around.


Before I get terribly involved in recapping the holidays- even though all my readers probably know about my holidays, I am going to recap anways because I love the "journal-esque" of this blog. ANYWAYS, before I get into all of that- my top 9 from '09


1- Getting our house !!! It is a rental but we love it and it has been so much fun to decorate and really make it ours!


2- Getting our new furniture!!! LOVE IT! And our fabulout flat screen/panel TV!


3- Having my first big event at work as a HUGE success, best in my region, ever.... not to pat my own back, but pat-pat. My team did a freakin' FANTASTIC job and we had a GREAT EVENT!


4- The Kluge wedding~ what a special time, I mean how many of you have two of your best friends marry eachother?! It was such a fun weekend, rehersal dinner night was the MOST fun I have EVER been a part of.... just the whole weekend was awesome!


5- It's work related again, but hey that is my life -- running my own telethon was pretty amazing, too. Talk about stressful and so fun -- it is literally 3 days of adrenaline, red bull and no sleep


6- Mere was in west Tx for part of the summer, that was super fun ~ Rachael and Blake came to visit ~Mom & Dad and mom again came out to visit, LOVE HAVING A GUEST ROOM! and Mere got engaged!!!


7-Nick: enough said. No, he is absolutely precious and I am so happy that it has worked out that I get to see him more, he is growing up so fast!


8- I ran in my first official run- 5k Turkey Trot with my brother, I hope this is a tradition that lasts for many years!!! I LOVE RUNNING!


9- Happiness: my word for 2009 at the beginning of the year *oh yeah go check out the post, Mandy's idea* and looking back things were interesting as life usually is, but all in all this was a VERY happy year- my word for 2010----- drum roll please~~~


DEDICATION: to devote wholly and earnestly to some person or purpose

synonym- devote: commit, pledge or consecrate


I am ready to take on twenty-ten full force, lots of exciting things coming my way, lots of new little people joining my friends and family, and I am sure lots of surprises along the way that it will surely take dedication and devotion to move through/with. Happy~ Happy New Year and New Decade to you all!



2 comments:

Leah said...

I think I like twenty ten :)

dynamight31 said...

I like two thousand ten and twenty ten! Heard that people want to use twenty ten b/c it takes fewer words.
Love your blog.
The Houston weekend is January 29-31. Your blog looks like it is January 22-24.... Love you