I've heard it saidThat people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...
I'm limited
Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...
*From Holly*
I don't think I have shared with a lot of you the changes that are happening in my professional life. March was a HUGE month of change.... it has been exciting, scary, stressful and ultimately this crazy, beautiful life I am living. The verses above Holly shared with me on facebook and I love them, so I wanted to have them here!
The changes include the departure of my boss~ Holly is officially a "Real Housewife of Lubbock County," she is a super mom/wife! I am super excited for her and the new journey she is embarking on in life. *I admit I was not super thrilled when she first told me. We are such a great team, it was hard to imagine doing this job without her* I have totally come around because...... The other total upside?! She is a GREAT FRIEND. Not only is she now one of my closest friends, she is the best ear to call when things get super interesting at work- she totally understands what I am talking about and usually has the best advice.
There are a few other positives to this drastic change:
-we can now go to lunch together
-we can shop together (since we don't work together we won't chance showing up in the same outift!
-we can hang out on the weekends!!! ummhmmmm lake anyone? Cause they have **BOAT!
-we are going to see SATC 2 together!
-happiest of hours :) on a regular basis
-she is a great mentor and continues to give me the best advice.....
The other side of this is that I was given the opportunity to become the Executive Director for our district. I accepted the position and now my job that was super busy, is well.... still super busy. We have brought in a new fundraiser and are looking for a third, yay! I am excited about the challenge and excitement of my new role with the organization and looking forward to all the future holds.
If you look back to last March & April in this blog I NEVER would have guessed in my WILDEST dreams that this is where we would be today. It is true you never know where life is going to take you, it is just best to hang on, enjoy the ride, live-learn, and be the best you can be.
What a month of excitement, nervousness, happiness, change, sadness, change, and growth.
2 comments:
All the changes are so EXCITING!!
Wow. Congrats on the new position. Life always seems to change whether we are ready for it or not.
Post a Comment