Sunday, February 6, 2011

All About * FLOWERS *

So, I have a new idea for my wedding blogging, I know you are so excited! After yesterday's blog which was a little about everything, I realized in a year I have collected a lot, a lot of my "favorite" ideas. Yesterday I also realized some of my favorite ideas aren't even in the realm of what I really want on our *okay, MY, big day... It's a HUGE day for Jon and I, but let's get real - he doesn't really care about flowers or cake or table clothes or better chairs... he cares about the good stuff, marrying me, what we eat, how long he REALLY has to dance with me, and the drinks. Ya know, the important parts! ;) *

For the plan- I am going to do a post about each area- dresses, flowers, decorations, honeymoon locations, reception venues, etc. If you have an opinion, please share and enjoy! This way I will actually go through my digital wedding planning folders and hopefully figure out what I REALLY want at our wedding! :)


FLOWERS!


In an effort to record this as honestly as possible, I need to share something with you.... I love flowers. Flowers are beautiful, they smell so fabulous, they are certainly fun to receive, they brighten up a room..... BUT.. yes there is a but.


They are extremely costly- just to send a bouquet on a regular day- have you sent flowers lately? Outside of cost all of the plants I have brought into our home, I have killed. :( Sad times for my trees, flowers, etc. I am lucky our grass is alive, and my parents have been responsible for saving most of the trees in our yard. I want so badly to have a green thumb, I don't know HOW I killed our last plant. I think a) Mr. Big was digging in it or b) there was a small animal other than our dog digging in it or c) it committed plant-a-cide and THREW itself out of the pot. SERIOUSLY. I should've taken pictures..... I know Mom thought I was crazy when I called, little by little the entire plant was GONE, and the table the plant was on... covered in dirt. EEW!








Okay, with that honesty point out there here's another .... botany not my thing- so I had to GOOGLE the names of flowers, yes even the simple flowers that "everyone" knows the name of... not me... roses, snapdragons, poinsettias, magnolias, mums, lavender, blue bonnets, tulips-- off the top of my head those are the ONLY flowers I could identify on sight... I love lots of flowers, but I describe them and someone usually jumps in and offers the name. Well, I don't want to do that with a florist, how rude, and how silly. So, what did I do? I studied... HAha I know. I also looked up their seasons and where they are grown.



I really like this bouquet, because it is different and simple and yet beautiful!



I also like the idea of mixing the types of flowers up- these aren't the color roses and lillies I would use, but you get a good idea of what the mix looks like... beautiful!


I also love this bouquet with all the color





How fun are these!?



Simply gorgeous


I really love this bouquet - I love the mixture of flowers and how it has a little color










Really love these stargazer lillies!




How fun!!!

So different ....






Really love the burst of color with the dark dresses

No comments: