On a totally separate note, it is hard to prepare an office to be on their own for 10 days, it was insanity as I tried to get everyone lined out for the time I would be gone. The best was an email I got when I got home that said "Ashley, congratulations and enjoy your wedding and honeymoon. DON'T think about *** at all while you are gone." - signed my boss. Since I read this AFTER I had already left for my last day in the office, I promptly signed out of my email account and didn't think about work ONE time while I was away!! :)October 6th ~
Jon and I hit the road early! **HA! HA! GOTCHA!
Do you know us? Okay, let's be honest, do you know ME!? We had details to take care of and we were leaving for our wedding! and HONEYMOON! I think I checked our suitcases about 800 times before we left.
We went to hit the road and noticed one of our tires was low... so off we go to D-Tire. When they finally get around to us they tell us we need 4 new tires. RIGHT NOW?! Umm, no we need the nail removed so that we can hit the road. They get us fixed up and we are on our way.
The drive to Dallas was crazy. We were finally ready to go, really ready to go ~ we have a BIG few days ahead of us.
The entire drive there we are talking about everything, anything, and nothing all 5.5 hours. It was wonderful. I think the funniest part of the conversations were when we would point out that "next time we come through, (insert small town) we will be married!!" Seriously. It's a good thing only WE were in the car, anyone else would have been ill with our mushy-ness.
When we got to Richardson, finally, the Pfeiffers were already there! YAY!! We went to dinner at a chinese food place and had so much fun just goofing off. Later that evening Meredith and Julia arrived ~ woo hoo! The McGee house was a packed place on Thursday night.
It was so hard to go to sleep that night, I laid in the guest room just excited as could be for what Friday had in store.
I think I went to "check on" Julia and Meredith about 18 times before they told me to go to bed or to sleep in the living room with them! :) I was just so over the moon that 1 - everyone I loved was in town and 2- it was all starting the next morning.
I knew it was just going to FLY by, but I am here to tell you I had NO IDEA how quickly it would actually go.
Coming up... the day before the wedding! Girly party, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and the after party...
No comments:
Post a Comment